Get a Voki now!

ImageChef.com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tool #10 Exploring Mobile Technology And Apps

I do not have an iTouch, an iPad, or an iPhone, but I have used them in the past. There actually was a wow moment the first time I got my hands on the iPad, and I do not think it is because of the apps but because of the touch screen which is so absolutely stunning; however, according to what I have read, you can do with a netbook almost every thing you can with and iPad and then some, except for the touch screen.

I found some free apps with games the students are going to enjoy playing while learning. They are going to use the devises mostly during workstation time and bilingual pairs time, and I know they are going to love it.

I like Google earth (Google Mobile info) and use it a lot; I think the kids will like it too.

DotToDot number whiz lite – Apps in My Pocket Ltd teaches counting, and it is so colorful the kids are going to love it and stay engaged.

FREE Spanish Essentials by AccelaStudy® – Renkara Media Group, Inc. will be great for ESL; it helps understand and pronounce words in English and Spanish.

abc PocketPhonics Lite: letter sounds & writing + first words – Apps in My Pocket Ltd will be great for early readers as you can practice sounds and first words; it helps students to correctly write letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment